The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Monday, August 8

Great Website

Having my browse through my favourite blogs today has proven to be a valuable exercise. I have been reading two journals for over two years now and they were the two people that inspired me to have a journal of my own and, in turn, find all the support I could ever need to support me in this journey. The first was Lyn, who I won't link to as she has a private journal now - for sanity's sake!! She inspired me with her down to earth approach to the whole weightloss journey. With four kids, a busy lifestyle and a love of a good drink, she was real to me and helped me make that vital connection. And the second was Dietgirl, whose savvy writing style had me hooked from day one. It was while browsing DG's journal that gave me the link to the "great website". It is called World's Healthiest Foods and is all about getting nutritionally aware. It is awesome!! I just did the Food Advisors quiz to see how well I am eating nutritionally. Yup - not that healthy. Especially considering I tag myself Natural Jules. Just too much processed food in my diet. It advised me that I am eating approx. only 31% from the list of the world's healthiest foods, leaving 69% of my diet highly processed crap. And it doesn't stop there, it goes on to advise you on different foods that can help you, where you are more than likely falling short nutritionally and even has recipe links with the foods you need. If you have 5 minutes take the test. You will be glad you did.

.................................

As for the lovely reunion with my other half, let's just say that in 36 hours I have earnt plenty of bonus points!!!! Our whole relationship has been strengthened tenfold by a 5 day abscence from each other. The look on his face when he walked in the door just screamed to me "I love you". And that is all I need. The love of a good man can do wonders for your self esteem.

.................................

Food hasn't been fantastic but hasn't been bad. I was the unlucky recipient of a hideous head cold that arrived Saturday arvo and have felt like a bag of poo holes since. I did take Amelia's advice though. I got on the bike this morning, against every cell in my body screaming at me, and did 5km. I only biked slow and only got my heart rate up to around 134 bpm. I did it anyway though!!

................................

I am going to have spinach and ricotta canneloni for dinner tonight. I taped an episode of Oprah last week that had a cardiologist on it showing aortas, kidneys, livers, bowels etc of healthy people compared to the ones of people with constipation, high blood pressure, cancer etc. Not pretty. I showed it to Blair and we both agreed that we need to incorporate more of the preventative foods that were advocated by this doctor into our daily diets. Therefore we are having tomato based pasta sauce and spinach with tonight's meal. There were many great things taken from this programme and I will post, sometime this week, a few of his great tips. You will be pleased to know Red Wine is all good!!

Off to blow my snotty nose.

Posted by Jules :: 12:42 pm :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------