The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Tuesday, August 9

The Great Biccie Episode

I bet you are all wondering how I have been going on my "No Biscuits" Challenge? Well, even if you aren't, you are about to find out.
I, Jules of the natural kind, have had 1 biscuit in 6 days.
I was doing so well, hadn't had even a sniff of a little round delight. On Sunday I was making the kids lunch and put two little mini hundreds and thousands biccies on each of their plates. I started to give myself a little "you are doing so well for not eating a single biscuit" congratulatory speech and then I remembered. One slippery little hokey pokey squiggle pop had snuck it's way into my mouth the night before. I hadn't even acknowledged it. We were at a friends place for dinner and we had a lovely roast beef with kumara, yams, parsnips, potatoes and peas. Then we had a wee slice of cheesecake each (and when I say "wee", I mean WEENY! We shared one cheesecake between 5 adults and three children). I had two small glasses of Villa Maria Cellar Selection 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot, which was yummo!! Then I had a lovely plunger coffee. And with that plunger coffee my friend had offered me a Squiggle Pop and I had said Yes without even thinking, yet alone blinking an eyelid.

So, I have failed the No Biscuit Challenge due to a subconcious mind that just let me unwittingly devour this delicious little chocolate biscuit. Upside: I didn't let this realisation tempt me to abandon the challenge and I have not wittingly eaten a biscuit. This has been extremely hard for me considering biccies are my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**********************************
Was about to do my measurements and then realised how hard this will be without the gorgeous man to help me. Will rope him in this evening for a "measuring session".
Speaking of the gorgeous man, was not appearing oh so gorgeous last night when he informed me that he is really into me losing weight for myself but, could I, just for him cos I love him so much, go that little bit further and get my body looking like one of the lingerie models out of the Joanna G catalogue?? Eg:


Why sure darling? That won't be hard at all. While I am at it why don't I save mankind from poverty and war? Another equally simple task.
I then had to inform him that after three children and a good 10 years of being overweight, 5 of those over 100kg, that getting my stretchmarked, pasty body to look like one of those plastic surgery enhanced woman was near impossible. His stupid man like reply?? All you need is a bit of commitment. I'm sorry, did you actually want dinner cooked for you ever again?
Other News:
Had my liver scan this morning. Not too exciting but, when sonographer questioned by myself as to the results of said scan she replied "I'm sorry, it's not for me to say. Your doctor will contact you."
Excuse me, is this a good answer to be giving people who have just had scans on vital organs of their body and are paranoid about it being life threatening?? No, I think not. According to my mother this is the standard answer. I think they better rethink their standard answer manual!!
Food of the Week:
Ricotta Cheese: Only 7.5pts for a whole 250g container. Great for adding to spinach in such things as Filo pastry and fresh pasta.
Quote of the Day:
There's always something about your success that displeases even your best friends
(That one is for Emily and her Samoan friend)

Posted by Jules :: 9:44 am :: 12 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------