The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Tuesday, May 16

Motivation

I finally did it. I got on my hands and knees and defrosted my freezer and cleaned out my mangey fridge. To be honest, and rather gross, I have not cleaned it for a couple of months. Took ages but the joy of having a spick and span fridge and an ice-free freezer is all worth it. I scrubbed that sucker!! It also brought to my attention how absolutely ridiculously small my fridge/freezer is. Blair and I purchased it when Peta was 6 months old. We got one big enough for us then. Now we have three children with one more on the way and it is impossible to even fit the weekly veges in.

I also got my garage semi sorted. We have an absolutely huge double garage and we could hardly get in to reach the washing machine (laundry part of garage). On Saturday I decided, post fridge cleansing, to rip into it. I moved and sorted and got one side into an ordered row of garage sale stuff, rubbish stuff and boxes packed against back wall that desperately need a whole week of sorting to find out what the hell is actually in them. The other side fits my car in quite nicely. I was quite glad I had achieved this as Sunday was absolutely torrential rain and has been followed by a couple of frosts.

The point of rambling about this domestic nonsense is to get a feeling across. Both of those tasks have loomed ahead of me for a couple of months. I have put them off and put them off. When I finally got motivated and did them the feeling of accomplishment was fantastic. I have many weight and study related tasks that have loomed ahead of me for years. I keep putting them off, finding every excuse under the sun. If I just got stuck in and did them (just like I did with the garage and the fridge) then imagine the feeling of accomplishment!!

Posted by Jules :: 10:45 pm :: 8 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------