The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Sunday, February 5

My Apologies

I received a comment in response to my self pitied whine about "where are you all and where are your comments?" post and I must admit, it made me feel horrible. Not horrible that it was posted, but horrible that the person feels the way that they do. So that you know what I am talking about - here is the comment:

I have commented on your blog a few times and, due to lack of response, have given up. You get out what you put in rings true on many levels.

Not holding this against you, I will probably be back, but I found I can't help but feel badly when I don't get comments, esp from people on whose blogs I comment. As you know, losing weight and making over my life is hard enough without worrying about things like comments received - comments are supposed to be a source of strength and encouragement and that's now the only way I look at them. So, like Mary, I have taken to only leaving comments for people who do the same to me.

Good luck with your new plan, I am sure you will get out of it what you put in. You can do it!!


As you can read - the comment is not nasty in any way, shape or form but I feel quite horrible in the fact that I have been taken to task on something that I feel quite strongly about. I love to receive comments from each and every one of you and I try, as often as possible, to get back and read what is going on in your lives as well. I work fulltime, have three children and fit in posting and reading when I can. I comment as often as I feel I have anything worth saying. Sometimes I have things to say but only have a few minutes to read and not comment. And, lazily - I tend to comment on the same old regulars and only comment on others on odd occassions. The purpose of this is not to excuse myself at all. The purpose is to send a heartfelt apology to the person who left this comment. I know exactly how you feel, as there is a well known blogger out there, who I won't name, who I go check up on regularly as I admire her guts and determination. I used to leave comments a lot, now I only leave them every now and then - as this person has done the same thing to me as I have done to the Anonymous commenter. They have not once left a comment on my blog nor responded to my comments on their own blog. It has hurt my feelings a wee bit but, I have moved on and I still read her blog.

My point, if there really is one - is that I have gone and visited every single blog of every single person who has commented on my site, but I have not commented on every single one. I apologise for hurt feelings and, as I don't know who you are, I wish you all the best on your journey as well. We are all here for each other but, the main objective for me in doing this is to get out feelings, frustrations and day to day struggles that I can't get out in any other medium. This blog is for me and anyone else who gains strength, laughter or information from it. But - selfishly I put me above all else when it comes to blog land. Good luck to one and all and please believe me when I say I gain immense inspiration from each and every person out there who puts there heart on the line by blogging and letting even one stranger in to the space that is their weightloss struggle.

Posted by Jules :: 6:14 pm :: 17 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------