The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Thursday, January 12

The Road I Wish To Travel

As I have said previously, I plan on achieving a lot more this year on so many levels than I did last year.

Here are a few of the things I am going to be attacking in the next couple of months:

March 12th Special K Duathlon, running.

That's right, although I had stopped doing any intentional exercise, I have been coerced into getting back into it by a good buddy. My sis pulled out of the biking leg so I had thought I wasn't going to be able to do it but Megs has fired me up and she will do the biking while I attempt to run. This shall be interesting considering I have yet to purchase a decent pair of runners. I am going to start the C25K beginner's running programme and have 8.5 weeks to go until I need to come to the party. I can do it though. I can be a determined bugger when I want to be.

Paulene's 12 Week Challenge

I have entered into Paulene's 12 Week Challenge. Started yesterday and have to weigh in once a week and email my results to her so that she can add them to the other(at last count) 92 participants results. I am really looking forward to getting into it again. My aim is to lose 10kg in the 12 weeks, ending 5th April. Which will coincide with weight watchers. I had decided to give weight watchers the flick for financial reasons as the running and the other challenge's will have me losing anyway, but then I remembered my promise to myself not to quit this time until I finally got to goal. So, I will continue on my WW path (chub club as I sometimes call it) and see where it leads me. Maybe I will be next year's weight watcher of the year and meet Fergie. Have always been intrigued as to that toe sucking incident anyway!!

The Water Challenge

I know, I know .. could have come up with some more catchy headings but, who can be bothered in their first week back at work after Christmas holidays??

I am going to drink 3L of water a day - minimum. This just has to be good for me as far as the oedema and life in general goes. I have already achieved this (or come within millilitres of it) for the past 2 days. I have been visiting the toilet a thousand times an hour but hopefully it will all be worth it in the long run.


Family Evening Walks

We have started (on Blair's insistence) going for walks around the neighbourhood and the cemetry after dinner as a family. It has been highly enjoyable and sure beats mind numbing television. Although, I have to admit that this evening I will be watching TV for the second time this week to see what old Jennifer Aniston has to say about that barstard Brad. I used to crumble at the sight of that man but, although Angelina Jolie is hot, I can not forgive his betrayal!!! Tangent alert, back to the walking. These walks are providing us with extra exercise and family time in one. We also get to look at other people's gardens and houses and get ideas for the day we finally have enough dollars for our patch of land.



That's probably enough for now. Hope you are all hitting it head on too!!

And remember:

Nothing is ever achieved that stays in a dream. Take action

Posted by Jules :: 2:33 pm :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------