The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Tuesday, January 24

My Turn

I would say I was tagged, but - to my knowledge - I haven't been, so I am just doing it anyway:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

I had just completed a Certificate in Animal Science and Technology at Otago Polytechnic in Dunedin. I was about 83kg and 10 months off turning 21. I was living in a flat with a couple (don’t ever do it people!!), working at Countdown Supermarket as a Checkout Chic while I decided what direction I was heading in life next, drinking to excess 4 nights out of 7, a ‘regular’ at the Hotel Russley, single but getting plenty of action with idiots that I neither desired nor admired.

2. What were you doing a year ago?

Check it out here: http://www.naturaljules.diary-x.com/journal.cgi?entry=20050118

3. Five snacks I enjoy:

Almonds – I love good quality raw almonds
Sour Cream & Chives Grainwaves – so much more to them than potato chips
Yoghurt – nothing like a handy 150g package of yoghurt to make you feel like you are having a wee treat
Creamy Blue Cheese – love this on crackers or crumbled on the top of home made pizzas
Tim Tam, Chewy Choc Fudge – just one, a hole bitten in each end, dipped in coffee and used like a straw to suck coffee up. Melts inside, then quickly pop into mouth for where it dissolves into your taste buds. Naughty, I know

4. Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:
The Gambler – Kenny Rogers (this is my “on the turps” signature song, I sing it everywhere at the top of my voice)
Man in the Mirror – Michael Jackson
You’ve Got a Friend – Carole King
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
My Happiness – Powderfinger



5. Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
Pay off all my debts, including student loan.
Buy land
Eat totally organic (apart from treats)
Quit work, finish my final Naturopathy papers and set up my own business
Sponsor a child, become a member of WSPA, and volunteer somewhere useful to help out the local downtrodden

6. Five Bad Habits
Swearing – being a chic who has hung out with blokes for a great majority of the time, my language is atrocious - what the fuck is wrong with that??
Procrastination
Messy Cook – Blair always complains about the hurricane that sweeps through the kitchen when I cook but, at least the result is delicious
Staring at the TV when my kids are talking to me
Overindulgence

7. Five Things I Enjoy Doing
Internet browsing
Laughing at Stand up comedy
Actually sticking to something
A great night out with good friends, great alcohol, and live music at a half empty pub
Being in the mountains near a river

8. 5 Things I Would Never Wear (or buy or get)
Bike pants
Boob tube – it should be called a boobless tube
Skivvy’s
A blonde hair dye
A backless wedding dress – the tatts just wouldn’t look good

9. Five favourite toys:
Mortar and pestle
My cell phone
Computer
Spyhgmonamometer and stethoscope
My kids


3 Weird Things About Me:
I pull food to bits as I eat it
I have a fantastic yet irrelevant memory - eg I can remember the name of my brother-in-laws’ Aunty’s ADD kids’ preschool!!
I am terrified of dying, to the point it is ridiculous, not for my own sake but I fear for my children and their existence without me


So, there you have it, love these things as they just open us all up a bit more to blogland.

On the exercise front I have down nothing, I have had a terrible chest cough that is actually requiring me to wear an incontinence pad. Yes, you heard right!! 3 kids has done nothing for the ability to hold in the wee wee when I cough violently. It is actually really taking it out of me physically this coughing. I feel exhausted all the time. I am scared that it is just going to drag on and I won't be able to have enough time to enter this duathlon. Here's hoping it is gone by Thursday - other wise it is off to The Herbal Dispensary for me.

Posted by Jules :: 1:46 pm :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------