The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Thursday, February 2

A New Approach

Hey guys, thanks for all your comments. I have taken each and every one on board, and once you all pointed out how busy we all are - I remembered that I have posted stuff all comments myself since just before Christmas. Have put everything in perspective. Leigh - you got me thinking, I am rather large to be expecting to run without consequences. It is about getting to a more comfortable level to be able to tackle the running. I have a new idea - when don't I? I am going to start the Couch to 5K again when I hit my 10%. At 103.5kg, I still have around 5kg to go. Time to concentrate on the food. I have set a limit on the breastfeeding issue. Yes, I am still breastfeeding the squirt. Morning and night. It is a wee bond that we have and I am finding it extremely hard to break. I gave up with Peta and Ben when they were both about to hit 7 - 8 months. Yet Phoebs is 10 months old on Monday and I find it very distressing to think that this will be the last child I will nuture in such a way. All the material I read on the weight subject indicates that the body will not let you lose too much weight while you are breastfeeding - it just goes against the natural scheme of things. Your hormones are constantly gearing you to look after the baby so it screams at you not to lose weight or you won't be able to look after your bubba.

I am going to approach this in a more sensible manner from now on. I am not Oprah Winfrey - I don't have a personal trainer to get me through daily vigorous training sessions and a chef to cook up nutritious low fat meals.

Slowly, steadily and surely. As long as we are going down and not up aye?

On a different tangent, watch a bit of The Biggest Loser tonight. Some of those women look so big, yet when they got on the scales they were around the same weight as me and sometimes a little smaller. This concerns me on many levels but the most important being: do I realise what my true image is? I look in the mirror and, by no means am I thinking "my - how slim you are?". But I don't see someone who looks like those women. So, time for reality to take it a step further. I have decided to take a photo of me in black singlet and boy type black underwear. Oh - and post it. I am going to put it all out there baby and it may just be the push I need.

Posted by Jules :: 10:09 pm :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------