The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Friday, July 1

... and I would walk 500 miles ....

Today was the first out of the five exercise sessions for the week. I went for a 5.3km walk and achieved it in 58mins. I really enjoyed it as I had managed to twist my sister's arm and get her and her midgets along for the ride. According to the points calculator thingy I have earnt myself 5.5 bonus points for that walk. Right on!!

On the down side, my previous blister has been worn away at and by the last 500m I was in pure agony. I pushed on through the pain and did myself proud. Yesterday I had 31.5pts and today I have done about 33 but, as I have the bonus points, I still come in under. Technically I can have 32 points but am trying to stick to 30.

The thing I enjoyed most about the walk is that I didn't self batter myself the whole way around. Normally, when out walking, I start to mind game myself and imagine what all the "normal" people are thinking of this fat woman out walking. Maybe it was because I had my sister with me. I just didn't even go anywhere with the head shit. So doubly proud of myself.

I have been thinking that I really need to set myself some minigoals and rewards. I have my "lose 7kg" by 20th July goal but, I need to set some more achievable goals and I definitely need some rewards to keep me motivated. I have decided that when I hit 5kg lost I will get a back, shoulder and neck massage. A good friend gave me a voucher for one when I had Phoebe so that means it won't cost me anything either. I am feeling some serious self examination coming in the near future. My head is spinning out of control at the moment as I feel, on a daily basis, that I need to set myself some personal non weight goals. I have many dreams but dreams never become reality without some plans to get them there. I feel like I am stagnating in a pond (does that make me pond scum??) of shit. Maybe it is because my 30th birthday is heading this way at a rapid rate. There is something milestoneish about hitting 30. 30 with 3 kids. Engaged but not yet married - or looking like it in the near future. Nearly qualified as a Naturopath but not quite there. Planning on becoming slender and healthy but not quite there. Planning on having more "me" time but not quite there. Planning on having more "girls" time but not eventuating. Planning on having more "partner" time but not happening. I just need a severe kick up the rectum. It's like my battery is flat and there are no jumper leads in the city.

Posted by Jules :: 6:48 pm :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------