The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Friday, June 24

Gutted

We have had a horrible last 24hrs. Well, that could be being slightly overdramatic if put into context, but it seems horrible to us. When I went to pick Blair up from work yesterday I had a flat tyre. I have never had a flat tyre and, smugly, was only just thinking to myself 2 days ago how lucky I am to have not had one in my 15 years of driving. That'll teach me. I have, therefore, never changed a tyre. So, Blair got a lift home from work and changed the tyre for me and taught me how to do it shall the occasion rise again. When he lay down to put the jack under the car he had his $500 cellphone in his back pocket. So he took it out and put it on the roof of the car and lay back down. Everything progressed as expected. Once changed, I left to drop the tyre off at my brother-in-law's place (he is a manager of a large mechanical outfit) and pick up the kids. I drove very slowly as we have a Subaru Legacy (import) which doesn't have a normal spare tyre. No, it has a hideous space saver tyre and they are only a temporary, emergency little tyre that is no bigger than a small motorcycle tyre and you are not allowed to exceed 80km/hr in them. So anyway I went away and did my thing and when I got home Blair came rushing out and asked if I had taken the cellphone off of the roof of the car. Ummm, no, I didn't realise it was there. We searched and searched, by foot and car, for the blasted thing but haven't found it anywhere. Somebody will have spied it and thought, sweet - new phone!! All they will have to do is take out the Sim card, buy a new one and they have a brand new phone. Blair only brought it just before Phoebe was born. We are still paying it off!!! But that isn't the horrible part. As it was a really good camera phone, Blair took heaps of photos of Phoebe in her first hours in the world on it. And he hadn't sent them to our computer yet. So we have lost all the photos (at least 30) of her as a newborn. There were classic ones with Blair's fist near her head to show how tiny she was. The worst thing is Blair's reaction. It is like this has been the straw to break the camel's back, so to speak. It's like everthing that has gone wrong this year has all just hit him full force and it as if he has slipped into an instant depression. He won't hardly speak and his eyes just look lifeless. We have had our fair share of crap dished out this year and it is only halfway through. I just hope our family will survive as financial worries, on top of other worries are just a recipe for disaster.

On the eating front, things went fine yesterday but I have decided to omit the carrot, celery and parsley juice for the time being. Phoebe had such an upset tummy yesterday and that is the only dramatically different thing I ate.

Posted by Jules :: 9:53 am :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------