The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Tuesday, September 20

Off the Wagon

Yes, I have fallen off the wagon. With a gigantic thud. Actually, I have fallen off and been left miles back on the prairie looking around for Laura Ingalls and hoping like hell that the Indians aren't going to turn up on their Pintos to scalp my fat noggin!!

It started on Thursday with Fish and Chips for tea. I managed to pile a burger, a fish, a hot dog and a handful of chips into my pie hole (thanks Zara!!) at the speed of light. And I was completely not even feeling full so washed it down with some raspberry and coke. Quick estimate of about 40 points in one foul swoop!! Then Friday had a good start to the day with Muesli and soy, a wholegrain salad sandwich for lunch and things were looking fine!! Then I failed to eat when hungry so then became over hungry and while dropping Blair at the pub, called into McDonald's Drive Thru (mental note: Drive Thrus's should be illegal as they make it too easy for fatties to drive up and order without even thinking about the consequences). Quickly slipped a Quarter Pounder into the order for the kids. Wolfed down said Quarter Pounder in a matter of seconds while driving back to my sisters. Left wrapper in car (of course). Didn't want to admit to consuming burger in moment of weakness. Then, ate a couple of the kids McNuggets. Then sat down and ate Butter Chicken with my sister and her husband. Could not finish!! (Really, not any room in your tum for a real meal). Drank two KGB Black Russian premixes. Saturday morning, can't even remember what I had for breakfast, muesli again I think. Can't remember what I had for lunch either. For dinner went to a buffet restaurant with Blair's family. Ate: chicken, baked ham, roast beef, fried fish, chips, mayo, samosas, roast veges, pavlova, chocolate eclair, fruit salad, chocolate mousse and a bit of trifle. Shared a caraffe of coke with Blair. Where are we?? Sunday. Got up early to go to Goose Bay, south of Kaikoura - 2 hours north up the coast from Christchurch. Left in a hurry and thought we would grab some breakfast on the way. Went to Burger King drive thru and this BK didn't do breakfast menu. So had a BK Chicken with cheese. For Breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While driving we ate a packet of Rolos, a packet of mentos and I had a bottle of V. Got to Goose Bay for birthday party. Ate lots of garlic bread, chicken, rice, 2 sausages, chocolate cake, cream, ice cream, and Just Juice Bubbles. Drove home feeling sick. Got home and had a cup of soup and an egg and cheese toastie for dinner. Then the snow hit yesterday, shutting the city down. Had to get supplies in case we were trapped for a couple of days inside. Did I get veges?? Don't be silly. Got mini chocolate eclairs filled with bavarian custard cream and iced with belgian chocolate. Got a roast lamb. Brought some Thai Green Curry chips, some lollies, some Irvines Mince and Cheese Balls, some more fries and just ate heaps all day. Finished day off with lashings of chocolate chippie bisuits washed down with a big mug of milo. And no wonder I am bunged up and feel like a big pile of dog shit. The problem is: I just let myself go. I didn't even try to call that wagon back. I lay in the dust and watched it disappear while stuffing my face. Now I have to walk my arse all the way after the wagon and hopefully find it again.

Okay, sorry for myself whinge is over::

Am off to sign my new contract today at lunch time. They (at new job) have asked me to come in at lunch time (with my lunch) to sign my contract. Okay, what do you take to eat to lunch with new work colleagues that you have never met. Definitely not a souvalaki!! Don't want to take anything unhealthy. Fat people don't eat fat food in front of people they don't know. Nothing that can spill and nothing that reeks!! Water maybe!!

So, have to move my buttocks and get back on track. Need veges, need fruit, need water. Need to organise my house in preparation for fulltime work. Need to win Lotto. Blah blah

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and supportive suggestions. It is so great having this network. I couldn't do it without you all. I must apologise for not having my links to legends up to date. I read so many more journals now but I haven't linked to them.

Posted by Jules :: 9:38 am :: 10 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------