The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Saturday, September 17

Have I Mentioned ... I'm a Job Seeker Extraordinaire??

Of course, I got the other job too!! Then I had to make the sickening phone call to the other place to let them know that I had received a better offer on the career front and, unfortunately, was going to have to resign.

And their response?? Anger? No! Shittiness? No! What then? They pleaded with me to stay. It was horrible. I got offered a $2 an hour payrise, fulltime hours, extended position responsibilities etc etc. But, as I explained, the other job has different aspects to it which are outside the parameters of what I have done before, therefore allowing me to expand my experience and enhance my future career prospects.

So I start officially at the new job on 10th October. They have given me the school holidays at home with the kids. I just have to go in for one and half days on 3/4th Oct to do a bit of training. Scary stuff.

What is scary is that one of my old referees was away when the new job called so the admin manager decided to throw in a good word for me on the manager's behalf. Really great but she decided to go over board a bit and tell them that I was an expert with IT. Ummm, and the new boss said, since you are so good with IT we will get you to manage our website. No problems - is it blogger templated?? Fudge packers!! I may have to do a quick three week course in basic IT. Does anyone actually know what IT encompasses? If so, let me know and I'll see if I can wing it.

Blair and Mum think I am a bit of a smart ass landing two jobs in two weeks but, when you've got it you've got it!! As you can tell, this has not gone to my head at all.

Phoebe is sick again. Lucky Mum and Dad are her new caregivers while I am working. She just has that blocked up snot thing with a bit of a cough thrown in for good measure.

New photo:


Posted by Jules :: 8:12 am :: 14 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------