The Renovation of Jules
pregnancy

Sunday, June 12

On Track

So Friday was shit as far as food went and I admit, acknowledge and own it and now I move on.

Saturday was excellent, stuck to my points and ate well making homemade pizzas on Pita bases. Made a really nice one with kumara, red onion, hommous and a sprinkling of crumbled up creamy blue cheese. It was divine!!! Even had a nice glass of Sav.

Today I had McDonalds for breakfast but kept it within points allocation. (let's all remember that I am on 32 breastfeeding points a day so it isn't too hard to slip in a McBreakfast). Had one of those Yoghurt Berry Crunch things for 4 points and really enjoyed it. Relished a Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows for only 1pt and had a Bacon & Egg McMuffin (5.5pts) and one hash brown (2.5pts). So all up 13 pts. Sounds huge but was a treat for the family and then I had a 3.5pt lunch having a small soy yoghurt, 1 apple, 1 mandarin and a huge stick of celery. And for tea we are having StirFry Beef with Vegetables and Hokkein Noodles. The recipe is on the back of the Campbell's Real Beef Stock 375ml pack. And is only 6pts for a serving (including the Noodles). So I will come in at 28pts for the day which means I can save the other 4pts to put back into the points bank as I am in "overdraft" from Friday's blowout!!

I never thought I would actually get into writing down what I eat online but I have found that writing down my Friday blowout helped me to be accountable for it and then get myself back on track on Saturday. As soon as I posted it I stopped bingeing. Had a healthy dinner that evening and pulled the reins in.

Now I just need to get into exercise mode.

I had an IUD put in on Friday morning (thanks for sharing I hear you cry). I was definitely into making sure that I couldn't get pregnant again. Not that I don't love the children I have but if I ever have to go through a hideous pregnancy like the last one again then I will never survive. I am still on blood pressure meds and now having liver tests. My ALT and AST's are up in my liver function tests and being a "just about" naturopath I definitely know that this isn't good. All the Hep's and Glandular Fever have been ruled out so now am going to have an ultrasound to check it out. What I am suspecting is that there will be a fatty liver on show and I will just have to eat so much more healthier. Last year I had raised fasting insulin levels as well so I am really on the fasttrack to Type 2 diabetes and death if I don't sort my shit out. But, this seems to be working for me so thanks for keeping me real people.

Posted by Jules :: 3:39 pm :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------